Pages

Tuesday 28 April 2020

Let's Learn Spanish!

We have now read up to chapter 15 of our novel 'Refugee' by Alan Gratz and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Each of the characters are well on their journeys to their new destinations, but they each face many challenges ahead. I'm very interested in reading about what happens next.

Our reading task today was to do some research that will help us better understand Isabel and her family. They are from Cuba and Spanish is their first language. We were given four Spanish words, and we had to design a poster that will help others learn some simple Spanish vocabulary. I used google translate to find out what the Spanish words meant in English, and I did this because English is my first language. That gave me a good understanding of each word, and when I re-read some of the chapters dedicated to Isabel, they made sense so I knew they were correct.

I used google slides to make my poster because I wanted to add animations to each part of my poster. If you simply click on my poster below, each area that I have added animations to will appear.

I'd really like to know of any Spanish words that you know. If you are learning Spanish, how are you learning it? Do you enjoy learning different languages?

No comments:

Post a Comment